No Man's Sky NEXT Everything You Need To Know | Playstation Update July 20th
No Man’s Sky gets new trailer outlining its “NEXT” content drop.
On July 24th, the procedurally generated game will be getting new content and changes to the game in its expansion called No Man’s Sky NEXT.
The expansion adds features many have been wanting from the beginning. Starting with multiplayer. Once the content drops, you’ll be able to explore and battle with your friends. Playing in either 3rd or first person.
Alongside the huge addition of multiplayer, is the massive visual overhaul. Bringing with it further draw distances, more earth like worlds in the procedural generation. Creatures are also getting an update. Their movements are improved as well as their AI.
Building in the game has had a big overhaul, as well as resource gathering, base sizes have been increased and much more.
The full details will be below.
New Multiplayer Mode:
- Team up with a small group of friends to explore the universe together, or joined with random travellers online
- Help friends stay alive, or prey on others to survive
- Build shelter or complex colonies together to share with your team
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies
- Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online
Extensive Visual Overhaul:
- Play in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship
- Gaze on planetary rings and improved space visuals that make space more beautiful than ever
- Explore dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds that bring the environment to life
- Enjoy significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings
Unlimited Base Building:
- Build bases anywhere on any planet, with hundreds of new base parts added to the game
- Create bigger and better bases than ever before, with dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits
- Architect and own multiple bases
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter
- Send your fleet out to into the universe or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system
- Build a truly custom capital ship with improved freighter base building
- Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge